Friday, February 22, 2008

And we're back!


So we're back from California. We had not a great time, but a good time. I'm glad I got to see that part of the country. It was quite pretty and San Francisco was super neat. Unfortunately, we only got to stay there for a day. You could easily stay there for a week and keep busy. And I really enjoyed the mountains in Tahoe. It was mega pretty with all the snow.

But now we are back to real life. Very real because this is the time when I am supposed to start trying to get pregnant again. And yet, I'm backing off of it. I am unsure. So is my DH. I know I want a baby. I know it deep down. But the timing is proving to be a difficult thing to work out. So many new questions arise when you are this close. Financially, I feel like I need at least some kind of money in savings before we do this. And then I wonder if I am mature enough. There are some days and even weeks where I can barely bring myself to clean the house. Our litter boxes need to be cleaned, the kitchen is a wreck, dust bunnies are taking over the house. Do I really need to add a child to this mess? Will I be able to become a better housekeeper when I am completely stressed out by having a baby to take care of? I just don't know. Will the cats be a problem? Will they try and get into the baby's bed? Will they meow all night like they sometimes do now (Yes, BUTTERS, I'm talking about you, you big fat jerk!)? I hardly have any sick or vacation time saved up at work. I can't get to work on time as it is now either. And DAYCARE is another huge stressor. And last but not least, I wanted to lose 15 more pounds before I got pregnant. But that is going to be a SLOW process. I'm losing, but at a veeery slooow pace.

So I know I should just bite the bullet and get pregnant. In fact, I still may. But it is so scary. I'm always trying to talk my husband into it, but I'm also trying to talk myself into it at the same time.




No comments: