Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fa La La La La

Dumb title.  Especially since I have no idea what I am going to write about today. 

I lied.  I'm pretty sure I know what I'll write about. 

JANE:

She is CRAWLING!  I am quite surprised.  I did not think she was going to crawl since she has adamantly refused any and all tummy time since birth.  Note to self: don't freak out if any future babies don't like tummy time.  The doctors will act as though they will never be able to function properly without tummy time.  This is a lie.  They will be just fine.  Anyway, she's mobile and it's adorable.  She will crawl with her mouth open in a giant smile as though she's doing the neatest thing anyone has ever imagined.  And it is. 

And on Monday, she started babbling.  Just overnight she decided she would start talking.  This was also something I was worried about.  Those stupid baby milestone books had me believing that she should be talking all the time and she just wasn't.  But now she babbles up a storm, mababamamawawa.  It's also the cutest thing ever to hear your baby's little voice "talking".  Aaah, pure sweetness.

I'm stoked about these two little milestones that she's hit, but also a bit taken aback.  I did not have time to digest the crawling before she started babbling.  And she's already trying to stand.   I am not prepared for how fast they grow the first year.  My baby will not be a baby much longer and she was just born!  I am enjoying each moment like they say, but that isn't helping to slow down time like I hoped.  :(

Jane's sleep is still horrendous.  The last 3 nights have been particularly rough.  She just wakes up around 2 and won't go back to sleep for sometimes up to 3 hours.  It is HELL for me.  I am thinking it is because she is learning so many new things now.  She will wake up and babble or try to sit.  She just wants to be awake all the time.  It's actually quite sweet...she's so happy and she wants to practice all of her new things.  I am somehow making it (despite insomnia as well, which is just adding insult to injury).  I can't believe I am only functioning on roughly 5 hours of sleep a night, EVERY night (often less).  I will say that my memory is shot.  Both short-term and long-term.  I hope I get it back one day.  Until then I will just have to keep writing every thing down.

I don't believe in babies that sleep through the night.  I refuse to believe they exist.  If somebody tells me their baby is a good sleeper, I assume they are lying.  Or, even worse,  I assume they left their baby to cry-it-out so said baby is now defeated and hopeless and has given up on life and their parents.  Whether it is true or not, that is what keeps me from punching these parents in the face.  :-P  If your baby sleeps or slept through the night, please don't tell me.

We are going to visit the in-laws this weekend for Christmas. I am not looking forward to it, to put it mildly. I will not go into it further for consideration of my husband's feelings. :-/ But if I survive this weekend, it will be a Christmas miracle. heh

Tomorrow I am getting my hair chopped off.  I'm sick of the long hair.  It's a mess and Jane is always pulling it.  I hope it looks decent.  I've had it short before but I was much thinner then.  My face is a lot puffier (fatter) now so I don't think it can possibly look as good as it did before.  Short hair will probably make me look fatter.  Maybe it will motivate me to lose weight.  Maybe. 

Speaking of being fat, I am seriously considering the purchase of a treadmill even though we absolutely cannot afford it and don't have the room for it.  Suze Orman would DENY me this purchase in a millisecond.  But there is absolutely no other way for me to get any exercise in the winter.  The only time I have is after Jane goes to bed at night and I can't leave the house because she wakes up so often and only wants MOMMY (that's me) to get back to sleep.  So, theoretically I could get on the treadmill and then run in to her hot and sweaty when she wakes up and just go back and forth.  Otherwise, I am getting negative exercise in my life.  My hips are proof.

That is all for now.  I am caught up at work so I am betting I will write another blog entry later today, especially if I keep drinking the coffee.  Coffee makes me chatty.

1 comment:

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

She's so cute. I think you're doing a great job with her, I know it's got to be frustrating sometimes especially not getting a lot of sleep. I can't believe she is crawling already, that is amazing!!! I hope that you enjoy every second of her first Christmas season!