Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm on Mars!

It's been a while since I've written anything.  I've mainly been enjoying life with little to no drama.  Jane is growing up at a too-fast pace and she is talking and carrying on conversations.  It's amazing to me the difference a year makes in a little one's life. 

Right now she's obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (MMC).  Now, before I had kids I swore I wouldn't let them sit in front of the TV all day.  And, I don't.  But, she does watch like at least 1 hour a day and it's always MMC.  I try to cut down but sometimes I need to get something done (like eat dinner in peace) and this is the only thing that will appease her.  One of the shows she's seen MANY times is "Goofy on Mars".  She now pretends that she is on Mars all of the time and that she has fallen in a hole (as Goofy did).  It's pretty neat to see her play make believe.  She runs around saying "I'm on Mars! I'm on Mars!"  She has also played doctor (like Daisy Duck) and asked her Minnie Mouse doll, "whatsamatter? tummy hurt? nose hurt? right dere? all gone!"  So, while I know TV viewing isn't the best, it has enabled her to play make believe in a way that she did not do before this obsession. 

Yes, I still adore her.  Yes, I still love being her mother.  She amazes me every day.  She turns 2 in one month.  Bittersweet!

No comments: