Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has Sprung

I've known since last Thursday that I am pregnant.  Wednesday night I took a test and I swear I saw a line if I held it to the light at an angle just so.  I sent my husband out for a digital and took it the next morning.  Verdict: PREGNANT.  I've since taken about 8 more tests just to be sure.  They are all positive. 

It's a weird feeling to be pregnant again.  I didn't think it would happen this fast.  Yes, we were trying, but I was sure it was going to be another long journey.  And I am just barely pregnant.  We're talking not even a week, so I know it can end in a bad way, but I am hopeful it will not. 

So, if all goes well, Jane will be a big sister (to a baby sister, I hope) on or around November 29, 2011.  Oops, I picked out our health insurance this year under the assumption I would NOT be having a baby.  Oh well, c'est la vie. 

Yes, I am very excited.  I am just a subdued excited because I know from past experience how these things can turn ugly in the blink of an eye.  My first pre-natal appointment is April 13.  If I hear a heartbeat that day I will get super excited and freak out.  Until then, I am taking care of myself the best I can and am eating up every moment of Jane's existence and loving my life for TODAY. 

(in all honesty I'm obsessed with my lack of symptoms, my fear of miscarriage, and wondering how I am going to survive pregnancy with a toddler who is pure energy from 7 to 7, fretting about childcare, Christmas with a new baby, etc.). 

Yeah, it's nice to say I'm living in the moment.  I'm TRYING to!!!!!  I promise.

No comments: