Thursday, April 24, 2008

Green Day saved my life


OK, not really. I hate it when people say bands "saved their lives". It's embarrassing. How lame is that? But anyway, while they did not save my life, they greatly enhanced it.

I was 16 and trying to find a new genre of music to define me. The hair bands of my earlier youth were over and lame. I was moving on. Pearl Jam and Nirvana...too earthy. Rap...I was thinking about it. And then I saw this video and the rest was history.

Ah Billie Joe. His voice feels like home to me. It calms me and makes me feel one with the earth. Again, not really. But still, I dig me some Green Day and I LOVE Billie Joe.

So imagine my great enthusiasm upon seeing this article.

Yay! I'm super psyched. My music listening these days is pretty stagnant. This should help.

No comments: