Monday, August 16, 2010

The dreaded B-word

I hate to say it.  I'm officially bored.  It's been a long time since I've been bored.  Jane came along and my whole life changed.  There was always something to do.  I didn't think I'd ever find time for boredom again.  Alas, it found me.  Now, I know this must be something that a lot of people struggle with from time to time.  I know it can't just be me.  But sometimes I wake up with no exciting plans for the day and I just want to cry.  Days alone with Jane are the worst.  I delight in everything she does.  She is my next breath, my entire reason.  But...we are just bored a lot these days.  There is simply nothing for us to do.  Get up, breakfast, play, laundry, dishes, snack, nap, lunch, dishes, play, cook dinner, blah, blah BLAH.  Repeat.  The monotony is getting to me.  Even work bores me.  It' all so predictable.  So typical.  And if you asked me what would fix my boredom I could not give you an answer.  I have no idea. 

I think what I'd like is to have another life for just a week or two.  Maybe I could be 18 again and go to college for the first time.  Or if I could become some gorgeous movie star having a love affair, going to expensive dinners and on tropical vacations.  Of course, I would want to come back to my life...my Jane and my husband.  But a week or two in someone else's  (charmed) life sounds exciting.  I just wonder what everyone else does when they feel this way.  Is this why people have affairs?  Is this why some people thrive on constant drama?  I know I don't really want that.  I'm really extremely happy with my life the way it is now.  I guess this is really a reflection upon myself.  My mom always told me that bored people are BORING.  Touche...I've always been prone to boredom. 

So each day I look forward to Jane's bedtime and then when she's finally asleep and I am "free" I figure out I have nothing to do.  House is clean.  Dinners are planned and prepped for the week.  Facebook is slowly draining the life out of me.  I can't concentrate on reading.  TV sucks.  WHAT?!

Maybe this is just the heat of summer getting to me.  Maybe I should take my f-ing Zoloft.  Maybe I should get pregnant again.  (No...not that.)  Maybe all I need is a night out with some good girlfriends, which is really not feasible considering the only ones I'd really like to go out with live far away and I can't yet leave Jane at night.  Maybe my little family should go on a mini vacation.  But then again...that is so much trouble with Jane's egg allergies and having to prepare ALL OF HER MEALS at home beforehand.  Ugh...I just hope this passes soon.  Until then, I feel like a "Desperate Housewife". 

No comments: