Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Broken Record

Not to brag. Not to be redundant. But...

My husband is the best. I must have been very unlucky in love in my previous life. But I was a good person. So Karma is rewarding me now. This is my theory. (uh oh...the next life is gonna be interesting.)

I'm a hard person to live with. I am neurotic and I worry about worry itself. Yet my husband continues to support me and love me and nurture me.

Tonight: panic arises yet again. He stays up an hour later than he normally would. Just to sit with me as my panic subsides. He tells me to wake him up if he falls asleep and I need him. No matter what, I am to wake him up. If I so much as have to get up and pee he wants to make sure I'm OK.

I so appreciate him. I SO need him. What would I do if he were not here? His presence is my comfort. He is my salvation, if you will.

Yes, perhaps my reliance on him is not the healthiest thing. Perhaps I should be these things unto myself. But why? Why can't he be these things to me? Why can't I take his comfort when I need it?

And speaking of comfort; the little devil just jumped in my lap. My cat Buddy is a pretty cool kid too. If he could talk he'd be telling me, "Everything's gonna be all right, Momma. Chill out. Relax. Feed me. Pet me. Love me. "

Ha. That's what we all want: to be fed, petted and loved. ;)

No comments: