Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Day at the Office

My work moved offices.  You should see our new building.  It is FABULOUS.  I have an office bigger than any of the bedrooms in my house (quite possibly bigger than our main living room) with a window bigger than a door.  We have swanky board rooms with flat screen TVs.  We even have a workout room (unequipped at the moment).  This place is POSH.  I'm loving it.  And I am terribly spoiled.  Here I am a part-time employee and I have my own huge office with a window and a door.  The lights come on automatically when you enter the office and dim in the afternoons when there is too much sunlight.  We are a certified GREEN building too, so that is really cool.  I dig saving the environment and what-not.

Only bad thing about this place is that it's added about 12 minutes to my 5 minute commute.  OK.  I know I shouldn't complain about THAT.  So I won't. 

It's so nice to be working part-time.  I used to hate Sundays because that meant the weekend was ending and I was going to have to endure 5 days in a row of waking up early and going to work.  Now I have no ill feelings toward Sunday.  I look forward to coming in to work.  I always wake up early now that Jane is around.  And the days that I stay home with her are most definitely harder than working out of my office all day.  The days I come in to the office are a breeze.  I really like my job and feel so efficient getting everything done in 3 days vs. the normal 5. 

So I'm pretty happy about my work situation.  I'm pretty happy about my home situation too (although we have foundation repair people coming next week to give us an estimate on fixing our sinking house and our kitchen has been taken over by ants).  OK, in all honesty I would love to move to a bigger and better house, but going part-time has slashed my take home pay by about 1/4 and upgrading just won't be possible until I return to work full-time (in about 8 years after my second child turns 5.  Well probably before then.  We shall see.)

Insert brilliant closing line that wraps this entry up nicely {HERE}.

No comments: