Monday, April 13, 2009

Another new week

I am bored, bored, bored. I am caught up at work. I'm basically ready to go on maternity leave at the drop of a hat. That's great news, actually. I have been SO STRESSED OUT over training my temporary replacements (that's right...it takes TWO people to replace me!), so now that this is taken care of, I should feel immense relief. I guess I do.

Not only am I bored at work, but I am bored at home. Jane's room is ready. And there are just a few odds and ends left on my "to do before baby" list. And from that list, I can't really do any of those things. They are all things I have to get my husband to do. I mean, I can't even wash dishes at this point. Well, I can...but my stomach is in the way and I have to lean all funny over the sink and it hurts my back really bad...so I just don't. My husband is still doing about 95% of our housework, bless his heart.

So what can I do? I can lie on the couch. I am OK at that, although even that is pretty uncomfortable. If I want to change positions, it's a big ordeal. If I want to stand up, it's sometimes a two person job. My core is just gone. I am having to rely on arms and legs to get into that upright position. It's quite the scene.

We got our new camcorder at the end of last week. I have already recorded the nursery and showed it to my grandparents over the holiday weekend. They liked it. :) It's amazing how horrible your voice always sounds on video/tape. UGH. I am a whiny, out of breath, shaky voiced thing. PLUS, my face actually has that "pregnant look" to it on video. Now, when I look in the mirror, I don't feel like I have that look. But I guess the camera does not lie. I have a definite double chin, and just that overall puffiness that pregnant women sometimes get. It isn't out of control...yet. Oh well, what can you do? I have some friends who I think delight in the fact that I may get puffy. Gee, thanks. However, still no stretch marks so ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Tell someone who got stretch marks in their pregnancy that you have yet to see one, and they will hate you. GUARANTEED. (I'm still knocking on wood that I don't get them...I know several girls who didn't see one until the very end...)

So this week is another week of nothing. I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow at 10:30 and our new window blinds should be in within a few days. That's pretty much my week. Maybe Jane will decide it's time for her birthday, but I seriously doubt it. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, so she is very much 100% TERM right now. Do you hear that Jane? You can come out now! We are all ready!!!!!!!

No comments: