Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Keeps Getting Better

I am starting to plan Jane's first birthday party.  Wow.  Snap your fingers and she's one.  ONE!  When I was trying to get pregnant and during my pregnancy I would imagine what it was like to be a parent.  But I could never see past the infant stage.  All I wanted was a baby.  I didn't want a kid.  But Jane is becoming a little girl and I was so wrong about it all.  It is so amazing to watch her get bigger.  Every new day in her life is my favorite age.  I absolutely adore the little person she has become.  She's got a sense of humor now.  She is starting to understand things I say.  She is starting to WALK.  And I know it's just going to keep getting better (until we hit teendom but that is so far away I am not even gonna think about it yet*). 

Whenever she hears somebody laughing, which is quite often in our house, she will mimic our laughter.  It is hilarious.  She doesn't know what she's laughing about and she isn't really into it, but she does it anyway.  It's almost like she's being sarcastic.  "huh ha hu hu hu.  This is what you sound like Mommy.  You sound so dumb!"  She will even do it if she hears laughter on the TV.  She's nuts.  When she "talks" she will sometimes do it out of the side of her mouth like she's Popeye.  She clicks her tongue and blows raspberries if she gets bored.  She can say "hi" and "bye-bye" and has started waving (like all the time, even if it's not necessary).  She likes to raise her hands over her head and go "aaaaah, boom!" and throw them down to the floor.

And I can't wait for more.  I am really going to enjoy watching her grow up.  And I am also going to enjoy being the MOMMY of a little kid and not just a baby.

*I am in denial about the terrible 2's (or 3's).  She won't be bad.  I can tell.  ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

teendom rocks tho!!! and yeah, i agree. every age is the best age