Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vacation 2010

Spring has sprung.  Or close enough.  I am thrilled that winter is over.  It looks like for the foreseeable future, we are staying in the 50's or higher and that makes me smile.

I've booked a vacation to Destin for late May.  Did you hear me?  I said I booked a VACATION!  I am SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!!!!  Our first vacation with our one-year old (sweet, precious) baby girl.  Now, maybe we are crazy, but if we are, I am in denial about it.  Because I think this trip is going to be the best ever.  My parents are going and so is my youngest sister, so we have built-in Jane adorers and babysitters.  Destin is not your cheapest beach destination, but my parents have offered to pay 90% of the condo bill.  So, almost a free trip, 3 babysitters, my favorite beach, no plane rides, and SUN.  I couldn't ask for anything better.  Just thinking about it makes me get all tingly.

I really hope that Jane can at least tolerate the sand and water.  We will be staying directly on the beach (basically) so if she gets too hot we can easily go inside or up to the amazing pool, which has a kiddie section to die for.  I love the condo where we are staying.  In fact, the picture from the top of my blog is the view from one of their rooms. We've stayed there twice before and really love the place.  Beautiful rooms, perfect location, 2 awesome pools, never too many people, crystal clear water, white sand, excellent restaurants, and just the right amount of "touristy" for my blood. 

My husband and I in 2005 (I think). 

Oh boy, talking about it makes me excited.  I can't wait to buy Jane some bathing suits, sand toys, and all of that other beach gear. 

Only downfall is that *I* am going to have to get in a bathing suit.  I haven't gained any weight, (Surprising, really.  You should see what I eat!) but I haven't lost either (Not surprising.  Just yesterday I ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies).  I'm trying to cut down on what I eat and now that it's warmer I can go walking more.  But I should really kick it into gear if I want to look halfway respectable.  Problem is, I have kind of accepted the fact that I will be this big so that isn't much for helping with motivation.  No way I could lose 30 pounds by the end of May (in a healthy way) but I could lost at least half of that...maybe...  See.  I'm not very determined.

If anyone has any pointers or tips on beach traveling with a little one I'd be happy to hear them. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having your family there is going to be the best! Because let me tell you, having a baby on the beach is not very relaxing. I remember crying like crazy one day because I felt like I wasn't on vacation at all. But the next day, someone else watched Brianna on the beach so I could lay around a little bit. Don't get me wrong - it's sooo exciting taking a baby for the first time. But it's also nice to take a breather.