Friday, March 28, 2008

It works!

Going back on Lexapro has made a huge difference in my life. When I went off of it in November everything was so gradual. The return to my crazy way of thinking was just so slow that I hardly noticed it until it was too late. But the neat thing about being on anti-depressants, for me, is that it just tends to make things clearer. Things I used to obsess over seem completely irrelevant now.

When I was in high school I described the feeling as though a cloud had been lifted. Now it's more like what my husband says: I was looking through a dirty windshield and didn't realize how dirty it was until I cleaned it off. :)

Those symptoms I was having before that I mistook for a bad disease are still there. But my mind isn't focusing on them anymore. And when that happens, they just go away. It is amazing what terrible things anxiety can do to your body.

I don't care if being on an antidepressant is considered weak or not. It is pretty much a necessity for me. It is a life saver. My quality of life is so much better. I am just able to be ME and that is a nice feeling.

Because I like me, dammit!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do without my anti-depressants either. It's amazing the difference they can make.