Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vodka Veritaserum

So, I had a really fun weekend with Heather and Nikki. I really needed it. It was nice to get away, get a little sunburned, a little girl time, and a little drunk. Heather and Nikki are so super cool and nice and laid back. It is nice to be around girls who aren't catty and judgmental. Very nice.

However....

I swear, I hate myself sometimes. I always get SO talkative when I am drinking. It's like I have to be the center of attention. I get so HONEST when I am drunk. I can't shut up. And always, the next day as I am driving home, I am cringing...thinking oh my god why did I keep saying that?! Or, why couldn't I just sit still and let others talk for a moment. And maybe I am making this all up. Maybe I wasn't really that annoying. But I don't know. When you get on your own nerves that may be a bad sign.

Argh. It's always something. I can never just relax and be happy with myself.

And now I am back home and back to reality...back to worrying about getting pregnant again. Back to seeing everyone else on my message boards get their BFP's. Back to trying not to be insanely jealous and let down that it was them and not me. Oh man...another month of this...

2 comments:

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

I love the fact that you used the word "veritaserum". Harry Potter for the win!

I feel similar about how I act when I get drunk. I'm loud by nature, and when I drink I get louder, and even more talkative than I normally am. I used to be really self-conscious about this, however, I realize that everyone gets embarassed of their behavior when they drink. So I try not to sweat it too much, and just have a good time.

I am waiting around to ovulate. I swear, it's the longest wait EVER. I don't think I'm scheduled to until a WEEK from Saturday. I'm using the Sperm Meets Egg plan this month, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe we can be in an iVillage EC together. That would be exciting :)

Heather Haley said...

I promise you weren't as bad as you think you were. You had fun and that was the whole point of the weekend :)