Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This and That

I don't know where to begin. Weekend good. Massage bad. Sister ruined ovulation. I mean, how can I explain? I can't. Too convoluted.

So let me just say this. I am mad at my womanly cycles. This month things are totally out of whack and I don't know what to make of it.

I cannot possibly see how I am going to get pregnant this month. I have no idea when or even if I have ovulated. That's it. I quit. I just quit.

***********

In other news, I am excited about starting the new Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Well, it isn't so new...but it's new to me. I read Twilight in one day. It was pretty addictive. I am going to try my hardest not to read the second book so fast. I swear, I was reading so long that when I finally finished and stood up I was dizzy. I had to lie down on the cold kitchen floor because I thought I was going to faint. Heh heh. I guess I was sitting in the same position for too long. Made me nauseous. Anyway, is it wrong that I am in love with Edward Cullen, a 17 year-old vampire?

And since we are on the subject of "media" let me just say that I was blown away by Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. I thought everyone was sort of building him up just because he died. They weren't. He stole the show. It is so tragic that he died. It really gets to me for some reason. I know he was just some actor that didn't have anything to do with me, but still...his death really bothers me. Maybe because he was my age.

Oh and parts of the next Harry Potter film are going to be filmed in 3-D for Imax. I am super, super, super, way too excited about that. On the previews for The Dark Knight they had just an audio of Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) speaking and I quite literally got goose bumps.

So at least I am keeping busy. Do I get credit for doing things OTHER than thinking of babies? I think I deserve credit. I am trying so hard to be positive/happy/not depressed. Kudos to me. ;)

1 comment:

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

Good luck slowing down on the next books. They're just as addictive. I hate every single word that I read of these books, because they are written for teenagers, and here I am, 24 years old and ENGROSSED in them. They're like CRACK.

I can't wait 'till you get further in the series so we can chat about it without me worrying about ruining everything for you.

I feel what you mean about feeling down right off the bat about a cycle. I felt that way about June, I don't even think I ovulated that month. Sometimes, when I'm just sitting around thinking about my due date (this Saturday), I get so discouraged; thinking about how long it's going to be until I ovulate, then how long I have to wait to see if I'm pregnant, and THEN I have to wait to see if the pregnancy is viable... UGH. That's even if I GET pregnant this month.

I know it's hard. But we have to remember.. The end result is so, so, SO worth it, right?