Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Most Dismal Month of the Year

It is Wednesday afternoon and I am caught up at work with not much to do. 

The next two days I get to stay at home with Jane.  Now, don't get me wrong, I do NOT regret my decision to go part-time at work.  However, I will admit that sometimes my days with Jane are just plain boring.  We are actually both bored sitting at home all day.  Especially since winter started.  I basically just wait for her to take her naps anymore.  Most weeks we will go shopping to Wal-Mart or Kroger so I don't completely lose my mind.  But there are no indoor play areas in my town.  There is really just a bunch of nothing to do.  So for now we are waiting for Spring so we can go on walks, go to the Zoo, the park, and just get OUT.  I keep thinking we'll get out in the snow but 10 month old babies don't exactly "play in the snow".  At least mine doesn't.  Quite frankly, she hates it and I don't blame her.

My parents are leaving to go on a two week vacation next week.  That means we will have no one to watch Jane on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which means that I am going to have to work the next few Saturdays so I can get paid for the time I am going to miss staying at home with her.  Blah.  And, ew, it also means I am going to have to make daily visits to my parent's house to check on their dumb cats. 

February, you suck!! 

No comments: