Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Insomnia is a BITCH

I'm posting blog entries left and right these days.  It's because my brain is on over-drive.  I don't know how to shift into neutral.  (cool analogy, huh?  I thought you would like that.  I'm soooo savvy.)
Now I can no longer complain about Jane and her poor sleep habits.  I know exactly where she gets it from. 

Pointing finger at ----->ME

(Oh who am I kidding, I will still complain about it.  It's what I do.)

It happens a lot.  I will lie in bed and just NOT sleep.  I don't think of anything in particular (health issues, blog entries, grocery lists, why are my hands itchy, it's too hot, I think I need to pee, my shoulder hurts, hey I am not sleeping, if I fall asleep now I can still get 6 hours, seriously, WHY are my hands itching.....).  My brain won't shut up!  Last night I laid in bed from 11-2 before I gave up looking at the clock.  I assume that's because I fell asleep shortly thereafter.  I hope that's why.  Sometimes I don't even know IF I slept the night before. 

If I wasn't sleeping with my little one and if I wasn't still nursing her and if I wasn't scared she would need me in the middle of the night, I would be popping Xanax like nobody's business.  I'm a bundle of neurotic nerves.  I've been pushed into overdrive by a week of poor sleep (thank you Jane) and I guess I am so worked up into a zombified frenzy that my brain won't shut down at night anymore.

Tonight I am going to bed when Jane does.  I'm now allowed to get out of the bed and check Facebook.  No status updates.  No TV.  No reading.  (No working out.)  I am punishing myself.  I "sleep" when she sleeps.  Take THAT insomnia!

1 comment:

A Fuller Day said...

Hi. I found your blog through a friend of mines, I love this post! This is so me. My girls are 2 and 4 so I am not in that 'crazy baby wakes up every few hours no sleep torture faze" but I have creative ADD and I have been staying up until an ungodly hour not being able to shut off my mind! Then I wake up to two perky little girls who got triple the amount of sleep I got, I kick myself and do it again the next night. Thank God for coffee! :) Brooke