Saturday, September 1, 2007

Alone on Saturday night

So, my husband is out of town tonight and I find myself alone and loving it. Not really loving it because I do miss him, but I do like to have the house to myself from time to time. I am cleaning and watching what I want to on TV. Hmm...think I'll go get a beer. It's weird how somebody else changes the way I act. When I am alone, I am more prone to get up and actually do something. I guess when you have someone else around it's a good excuse to be lazy. When DH (dear husband) is gone, I tend to have fewer excuses. When we are together being lazy at least we are together. If you are alone being lazy...well, that's a sin isn't it?

So I went shopping today with my mother. Clothes shopping. I have graduated into a bigger size (not telling WHAT size) from what I was when I last went shopping. It doesn't really bother me though. Wonder why...I am eating right and exercising and if that's not enough to keep me model slim, too bad. Just yesterday I told DH that we needed to cut down on our spending. I laughed as I rehashed to my mom what I told him while handing over $100 to the cashier. She said she always tells my dad the same thing only to find herself at the mall the next day. But since we are the ones who control the finances in our households, our husbands will never know. It's better that they don't. I can't actually justify spending $50.00 on ANOTHER pair of black sandals. I just know that I need those sandals! OK. I stretched the truth a little. I did buy a pair of black sandals today but they were only $14.95 marked down from $59. Clearance rack! :)

I'm reading a really good book right now. Green Darkness by Anya Seton. It's always great to find a good book. Now that Harry Potter is gone I am moving into the world of historical fiction. I think that's what you would call it at least. Green Darkness is neat so far. It's about reincarnation, which is an interesting subject to ponder on, although I find it entirely impossible to actually believe in. I wish I believed in reincarnation. I'm going to pretend I do. :P

Well, I really have nothing ground breaking to say today. This is my first blog and I don't want to set the bar too high or else I'll never write again. But this is fun. Maybe I'll write another post here in a minute if something strikes me as blog-worthy.

I think I deserve mad props for putting in an internet link thingie on my first blog, by the way!

1 comment:

Heather Haley said...

Those are some hot sandals little lady!