Sunday, September 2, 2007

Star Magazine is HORRENDOUS


Have you seen the current cover of Star Magazine? "45 Best and Worst Beach Bodies" Now, I know that Star magazine is trash. I have always known this. But for some reason, this month's issue really bothers me.

The magazine cover makes me ill. My sister tells me that half of these pictures aren't even "real", but....I am sickened that the media spits out trash like this and that people actually buy it. J Lo has a little bit of cellulite. Ooh, let's expose her and talk about what a horrible body she has. She ought to be shot. Let's take a picture in the most unflattering light and post it on our magazine cover for all the vulnerable young girls of the world to see and digest. What kind of a message is this? They are giving props to the women who have seemingly perfect bodies and they are completely exposing the women who do NOT have perfect bodies as shameful and ugly. This is simply inexcusable to me. They are being so critical of these women and it really makes me mad. I think all of those female celebrities should be applauded for having the nerve to actually set foot out-of-doors in a bikini knowing that their photos will be taken. Kudos to them all!!

The next magazine cover better be about fat, balding actors who dare walk out on the streets of Hollywood...

Sexism runs rampant.

2 comments:

Heather Haley said...

My favorite is when a woman has the audacity to not suck in her stomach and they have her knocked up. I'm glad I have reverse body dysmorphic disorder :)

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it