Thursday, September 13, 2007

Britney Gossip

I'm sorry. I have to post something about poor Britney Spears. I hate to do it, but I have something to say.

Yes, she seems to be very dumb. Yes, most of the criticism she is getting may be well deserved. I did not see the VMAs the other night. I have seen tidbits of her performance and it does look as though she was in a bit of a trance. But I don't really care about all of that. Whatever, right?

What I don't like about all of this talk is the criticism of her weight. I have read articles that say she was out of shape and shouldn't have worn the revealing outfit that she did. I have also read several other criticisms of her "mushy midsection". I don't think this is fair. It makes me mad, like the cover of Star magazine did. She looked pretty fit to me. That's all I am saying. If she is a fat blob, then I need to get in some kind of intense cardio training immediately. Maybe it's a good thing that she went on national TV without being in the best shape of her life. At least she's showing that she isn't ashamed of her body. Why does she have to be perfect in order to go onstage in a bikini? Why can't we accept some flaws? I so very much hate the fact that if a celebrity shows one ounce of fat on her body, we have to pounce. It's stupid. And it's lame.

Apparently I'm not the only one who is enraged by all this fat talk either. http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/11/bulging.britney.ap/index.html

That's it. I will try not to talk about Britney Spears ever again. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! She still has a better body than 99% of the female population.